To My Dear Sweet New Baby, 2015-

I realized that asking you to be a little more kind to me than your older brother 2014 was is just not the way these relationships work. So here's what I am asking- 

Help me to understand you better. To be less frustrated at the downs that will inevitably arrive, and more grateful for the highs when they are present. To be more compassionate. Maybe help me to eat a little less taco bell for the sake of my arteries? I understand if that last one just isn't going to be possible.  

I loved 2014. He and I grew far more than we ever thought capable. But if I am supposed to walk a similar road with you, I am going to need a bit more understanding. And maybe that's not even the right word here. Maybe i'm not asking for anything from you besides a kind touch every once in awhile.

Either way, I'm excited for this relationship. I hope you and I become just as close as 2014 and I did- even if that means a lot of heart break along the way. Bottom line? How can I expect anything from life if am not willing to be vulnerable?






Also, 2015? Listen.

Don't F this up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment