nephew carsen























You couldn't make up your mind.
Even after 30 hours and a trip to the hospital you still hadn't decided. But I don't blame you. You saw what was going on down here. Getting here is difficult. Being here is difficult. 

I want you to know that we are overcome you chose this. That you chose this family. And that you chose life. And there's nothing better than that. I know it looks hard. And I won't even lie to you for one second, it freakin is. But I think more for myself right now than for anyone, I want to say that I have no doubt it will be worth it. Repeat that at minimum to yourself 6 times on the hard days. On a good day, only once or twice.

I think you knew that in the end it would be worth it. Or else you wouldn't have agreed to this.
But we are overwhelmingly glad you did and that you are finally here with us little one.

(you can find his birth story over here on my sisters blog)