the nephew




11/4/13
That baby.
He changed things.
He's changed us.

He's been here for a total of what, 72 hours?


I've been in the room for nearly all of my sisters births.

But this was different.
& maybe its because I am a different person, older and closer to that stage in my life.
but the feeling that was around that hospital room, and around our family this whole weekend, is one that I want to feel again.

He came out with barely a sqwak. Sleepy & exhausted from the journey it took to make it into our lives. Surrounded by family on that side saying goodbye, and surrounded by family on this side welcoming him into this world - all the people who love him the most - a very crowded room. A mixture of excitement, nerves, & love made it a sacred place to be.


Its in looking into this little boys face that perspective comes.


Baby Gage from Hannah Waters on Vimeo.



1 comment: